Summer Scholarships For a Study Trip in Turkey
SUMMER SCHOLARSHIPS FOR A STUDY TRIP IN TURKEY
- The Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the Republic of Turkey will offer short summer scholarships for a study trip for successful and motivated graduate students (MA, MPhil, PhD, etc.) interested in Ottoman and Turkish studies.
- The aim of the project is to provide wide-ranging first hand information on Turkey, its culture, history and politics; and to promote social and academic exchanges among the participants and their Turkish counterparts.
- Applicants to the study trip must be graduate students in Turcology, History, Political Science, International Relations, Sociology, Journalism, Law or Public Administration.
- This year’s scholarship programme is open to students from the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Romania, Russian Federation, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, USA.
- All travel and accommodation expenses of the study trip will be covered by the Turkish Ministry of Culture and Tourism.
- The programme will include 30 participants.
- The programme, excursions and discussions will be in English.
- Participants of the study trip will be required to arrive in Turkey on 23 August 2016 and fully participate in the programme that ends on 1 September 2016. (Draft programme is enclosed below.)
- Following the visit, participants will be requested to provide an evaluation paper by 26 September 2016 on the programme and their perception of Turkey.
- Application documents listed belowcan be sent by mail, e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or be brought in person to the Turkish Embassy in Washington. The Embassy is located at 2525 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20008
- Applicants will be requested to provide a CV, motivation letter in English and transcripts.
- The deadline for applications is 5 July 2016.
- For further inquiries please e-mail email@example.com
Monday - Friday
09:00 - 18:00
Consular Section Reception Hours: 9:30 a.m. 1:00 p.m.
|1/2/2023||1/2/2023||First Day of the new year - Federal Holiday|
|1/16/2023||1/16/2023||Martin Luther King Jr Day - Federal Holiday|
|2/20/2023||2/20/2023||Presidents' Day - Federal holiday|
|4/21/2023||4/21/2023||Ramazan Bayramı 1. gün|
|5/29/2023||5/29/2023||Memorial Day - Federal holiday|
|6/19/2023||6/19/2023||Juneteenth - Federal holiday|
|7/4/2023||7/4/2023||Independence Day - Federal holiday|
|9/4/2023||9/4/2023||Labor Day - Federal holiday|
|10/9/2023||10/9/2023||Columbus Day - Federal holiday|
|11/10/2023||11/10/2023||Veterans Day - Federal holiday|
|11/23/2023||11/23/2023||Thanksgiving Day - Federal holiday|
|12/25/2023||12/25/2023||Christmas Day - Federal holiday|
|1/1/2024||1/1/2024||First Day of New Year|
+ 90 312 292 29 29